Monday, January 12, 2015

Paris je t'aime

These are pictures of some of the moments that I cherish, that took place in the city of lights.

 One day, my son and I went to visit the Square Jean XXIII on the Ile de la cité.

Situated in the very centre of Paris, behind the Notre Dame cathedral, it is still rather peaceful.

























The fact that the river Seine flows alongside this little park, further adds to its charm.


I have long ago lost count of the number of times I have been for a stroll along this avenue... Does it require further presentation? It is, bien sûr, the Champs Elysées. Nearly as famous as the Eiffeltower, is the Arc de Triomphe, situated at the top of the avenue.

























I have so many memories from here, night and day... The reason I just had to take out my camera on this particular day, was because of the way that the sun was shining from a blue, cloudless sky.


Every tourist must stop in the middle of the street to take a picture. It is mandatory, or at the very least, appears to be so! :)

























Many a cherished parisian memory of mine involves food. And you do not have to visit an expensive four star restaurant to treat yourself à la française. Just stop by any boulangerie to pick up some freshly baked bread to go with your meal, or cheese. For breakfast, get a warm-from-the-oven pain au chocolat, to accompany your coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment